Last Updated: June 30, 2020
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Site, the Platform, the Applications the other Bundil Services or other features, functions, services products and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In accessing and using the Site.
- In creating an account to use the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services.
- In accessing and using the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Site, the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services.
- When you send any content through the Site, the Platform, the Applications or any of the other Bundil Services.
- Through services provided to us by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Bundil, any affiliates of Bundil or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may be accessible from or on the Site, the Platform, the Applications or any of the other Bundil Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
The Platform and none of the other Bundil Services are intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information on or through the Site, the Platform, the Applications or the other Bundil Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Bundil Services or any of its features or register on the Site use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the Bundil Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about you and other users of the Site, the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your full name, home address. phone number and e-mail address, (“personal information”);
- Financial information, including banking (e.g., routing and account numbers) and credit card information;
- Analytics information;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- Information from your device, including contact information;
- Usage details and information;
- Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number);
- Location information when you use the Site, the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services;
- Information that you provide by registering or filling in forms or applications on or through the Site or the Applications. This includes information provided in connection with creating an account to access and use the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services;
- When you report a problem with the Site, the Platform, the Applications or any of the other Bundil Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site, the Platform, the Applications and any of the other Bundil Services; and/or
- our search queries on or through any of Bundil Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Site, the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services.
- From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain web transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service. Also, if you click on a link to a third-party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any our Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
Use of Remarketing with Google Adwords, Google Analytics and other Remarking and Analytic Services
We use or may in the future use a variety of remarketing and analytic services including:
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics and Google Adwords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services and the content and the other products and services that you request from us.
- To provide the Site and its contents to you.
- To process and complete transactions and send you related information, including any investments, sales of investments or reallocation of your portfolio’s mix.
- To provide technical and other info to you.
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our select partners.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site, the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of all of the Bundil Services.
- To verify your identity and bank account and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and targeted advertising and similar services from us or Service Providers, including direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertisement on third party websites.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Site, the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. We do not, however, store your bank account or credit card information in our databases. Any such credit card information is stored and maintained by Plaid, Stripe, and/or Coinbase.
If you access or use the Site, the Platform, the Applications or any of the other Bundil Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Bundil and you. By allowing Bundil to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Site and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site, the Platform, the Applications and the other Bundil Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to info our business, including credit card and payment processors, bank account verification and marketing info.
- To a potential or actual buyer. assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bundil’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Bundil about customers and users of the Site is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bundil, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Bundil. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Bundil to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Bundil as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may change, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through the “My Account” tab on the Site. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Proper access and use of information provided on or through any of the Bundil Services are governed by the Terms.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at: Bundil LLC, 5057 Keller Springs Rd, Addison, TX 75001.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Bundil cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to and use of certain parts of the Site, the Platform, the Applications and/or the other Bundil Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the Bundil Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Last updated November 11th, 2013
This policy does not apply to any website, product or service of any third-party company even if the website or application links to (or from) the Service. Plaid does not operate those websites, products, or services - please always review the privacy practices of a company before deciding whether to provide any information to them.
In general, we collect information in a number of ways, including (i) when a client or end-user provides it directly to us via the Website and/or Service, (ii) when we obtain end-user information through trusted third parties including financial institutions, (iii) through your continued access of the Service, including data passively collected through technology such as "cookies". The types of information we collect and our use of that information will depend on whether you are a Website Visitor, Client, or End-User.
Cookies and IP Addresses
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Service, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Service (e.g., what links you have clicked on). Generally, the Service automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Service so that we can analyze and improve them. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
To simply browse our Website, you are not required to provide any Personal Information. However, we may gather non-personally-identifiable information, as described directly above, just for the purposes of monitoring and improving our Website and the Service. We will not share this information with third parties except as a necessary part of providing our Website and the Service, nor will we use it to target any advertisements to you. Of course, if you sign up with or use any of our services, more information is shared.
When you use Plaid services as a client, whether paid or unpaid, we will gather and store your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address, and any other relevant information that you provide directly to us. Any and all test and/or live users that sign up as an end-user of your services fall under the end-user category. If you sign up for a paid account, we will also store the relevant data required to complete your transaction, including but not limited to your financial information, bank account numbers, routing numbers, billing address and company name. We may also rely on a third-party payment processor to complete transactions, and all data shared with them falls under their own privacy policies. Further, we will collect and associate all relevant end-user data with your client account, including but limited to end-user names, email addresses, billing addresses and financial information. We may additionally collect information on the IP addresses, devices, and locations used to access Plaid, which may be linked to your account for fraud detection and prevention purposes. Finally, we may collect additional data for identity verification on an as-needed based determined at our own sole discretion.
As an end-user of any application that utilizes the Service, whether via a client or other third-party, directly via use of our API or other services, or through an application built by us directly, you are agreeing to share financial information with us including, but not limited to, your account credentials, transactional histories, account numbers, and balances/limits as well as general identity data including names and addresses of all account holders. You are enabling us to interact with and through your financial institutions on your behalf and with your consent. We may also retrieve information pertaining to usage of our client applications and other general activity that comes through use of the Service.
We collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Service ("Aggregate Information"). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
Plaid uses your Personal Information as follows:
- To operate and maintain the Service (such as, overall operating and maintenance, providing customer service, fixing malfunctions, testing our security systems, etc.).
- To provide you with the features, functions and benefits of the Service (such as, displaying to information regarding your financial accounts).
- To enhance, improve, add to and further develop the Service (such as, creating new features or functions, refining or personalizing the user experience, increasing Service technical performance, etc.).
- We will use your contact information (such as, your email address or phone number) to provide you with Service notifications.
- To help personalize the Service experience for you (such as, remembering your information so you will not have to enter it each time you use the Service or providing you with offers, advertisements or features you may like).
- And for the other purposes referenced in the "Sharing and Disclosure" section below (such as, for the purposes of legal compliance).
Plaid does not sell or rent any personal information to marketers or third parties that have not been explicitly authorized (e.g., in the case of a client).
We may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties who are integral to the operation of our Website and the Service, including but not limited to financial institutions, payment processors, verification services and credit bureaus, as well as any third parties that you have directly authorized to receive your Personal Information. We may store your Personal Information in locations outside the direct control of Plaid, for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers.
We will only disclose your Personal Information in response to such a request if we believe in good faith that doing so is necessary to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation to which we are bound. If we receive such a request, we will use reasonable efforts to give you prompt notice, so that you may contest it if you choose. We will not provide you such notice if we determine in good faith that either (a) we are not permitted to provide it under applicable law, or (b) that doing so would result in an imminent risk of death, serious physical injury or significant property loss or damage to Plaid or a third party. In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, certain information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assign.
We may occasionally email you with information about offers or new services. You can opt out of these email communications by replying with unsubscribe in the subject line, or via an unsubscribe link included in such communications. However, you will continue to receive certain email communications related to your account including information regarding transactions and your relationship with Plaid.
Although no data storage or transmission can be 100% secure, we take significant steps to protect user and account information to ensure that it is kept private. Plaid maintains strict administrative, technical, and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in the United States. Access to information is limited (through user and password credentials and software systems) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer encryption to safeguard the account registration and sign-up information, along with the end-user sign-up process. Other safeguards include, but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, or: Attn: Legal; Plaid Inc. - San Francisco, CA 94105.